Milieux Institute for Arts, Culture and Technology
Deadline EXTENDED: June 30, 2020
Original deadline to apply: June 6, 2020
Milieux is looking for a multi-disciplinary graphic designer who can work across various media and platforms to support the visual communication needs. This could be a great opportunity for an advanced student seeking to build up their portfolio.
As a member of our team, you would:
- Use your exceptional design skills to create visual communications for print, web and social media to support Milieux’s outreach goals—from concept through production
- Help conceptualize and design the Institute’s public annual report.
- Create front end-responsive designs for web and multiplatform use (including large format screens)
- Create a suite a visual assets and templates for institute usage—email, presentation, posters, business cards, letterhead, invitations
- Design promotional material, signage and wayfinding, merch, etc.
- Deploy the Milieux’s visual identity consistently and effectively.
- Help establish and champion usage guidelines for Milieux “branding”
- Communicate and collaborate with Milieux staff and members
- Produce clean, accurate and responsive work
- Work flexible hours (may include some evenings and weekends)
- Intermediate to Advanced design and production skills with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and/or other comparable graphic design software
- Experience designing campaigns and assets for social media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
- Excellent visual fluency with typography, layout and use of imagery
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Experience working remotely including collaboration with colleagues and Institute members through teleconferencing and remote collaboration platforms (e.g. Slack, Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Solid understanding of digital branding and marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communications, design or a related field is desired
- Familiarity with designing for social media platforms on the web, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite
- Ability and experience in clearly communicating research through data visualizations, interactive graphics and other tools
- Specialized skills in data visualization and/or infographics practices and software
- Bilingual in English and French
Pay commensurate with experience, projected between $16.01-$27.65/hour.
Typical contracts run semester by semester and are for 110-140 hours on average.
Preference will be given to currently registered Milieux students and Concordia students who qualify as Milieux members, but we will also accept outside applications. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply, email your cover letter, CV and link to you portfolio to Milieux’s Head of Operations, Harry Smoak by Tuesday, June 30, 5 p.m. or until position is filled.