Deadline Extended: September 9, 2020
We are looking for a student with an avid interest in research communications who can write, capture and originate compelling content for a variety of social media platforms. As a Social Media Assistant, you will be responsible for promoting member research and research-related activities, and growing followers for Milieux Institute for Arts, Culture and Technology at Concordia.
As part of our team, you will:
- Use social media best practices to organize and produce engaging content to support the Institute’s mandate and strategic objectives related to knowledge mobilization and public engagement.
- Keep up with daily member researchers on the web and social media every day.
- Monitor current events, hashtags and trending themes that strategically connect to and help build Milieux’s audience.
- Develop a proposal and initiate pilot of a new social media platform that serves Milieux’s communication needs over the next 3-5 months.
- Document activity and procedures in order to develop capacities as needed.
- Share info about the latest platform developments and current best practices for use by Institute members in their academic lives through occasional workshops and presentations.
- Communicate in a voice and tone distinctive of Milieux and follow established brand guidelines.
- Participate in discussions with Institute leadership as needed to inform media strategy going forward.
- Produce clean, accurate work at high volume.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule.
Qualified candidates typically hold:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Social media fluency – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo
- Experience with Hootsuite for publishing and analytics
- Proven capacity to work well independently and as part of a team
- Examples of active social media accounts currently in play
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Bilingual in English and French desired
Pay scale: TRAC – Student Research Assistant hourly rate.
This is a part-time contract position (5-7 hours per week on average). Student contracts typically run term by term.
Send a cover letter, CV and link to your portfolio to Danielle Douez, Head of Communications at Milieux Institute, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline extended to Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020
Preference given to currently registered Milieux student members and Concordia students who qualify as Milieux members.