Job title: Social Media Assistant
Reports to: Director, Milieux Institute
Status: Part-time Casual Employee or contract (less than 4 months)
Salary: If a current student, in accordance with TRAC rates. If a non-student, in accordance with CARE wage scales.
Posting Date: March 21st, 2023
Job entry: April 2023
Accepting applications until: March 28th, 2023 (inclusive)
We are looking for a graduate student or experienced undergraduate with an avid interest in research communications who can write, capture and originate compelling content for a variety of social media platforms. As a Social Media Assistant, you will be responsible for promoting member research and research-related activities, and growing followers for Milieux Institute for Arts, Culture and Technology at Concordia.
As part of our team, you will:
- Work closely with the Head of Communications, Milieux Institute
- Use social media’s best practices to organize and produce engaging content to support the Institute’s mandate and strategic objectives related to knowledge mobilization and public engagement
- Keep up with member researchers’ activities on the web and social media
- Monitor current events, hashtags and trending themes that strategically connect to and help build Milieux’s audience
- Represent the Institute and its clusters through the cultivation of a social media voice
- Document activities and procedures to develop capacities as needed
- Communicate in a voice and tone that is in line with Milieux’s and follow established brand guidelines
- Participate in discussions with Institute leadership as needed to inform and develop media strategy going forward
- Contribute to the promotion and development of Milieux’s presence and communications network with meaningful and engaging content
- Build social media relationships with prospective partners and collaborators
- Produce clean, accurate, and compelling work
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Social media fluency – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin
- Fluency and proficiency with website analytics
- Experience with Hootsuite for publishing and analytics
- Proven capacity to work well independently and as part of a team
- Examples of active social media accounts currently in play
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- English and French an asset
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter, CV and link to your portfolio to Ariana Seferiades, Head of Communications at Milieux Institute, email@example.com
Accepting applications until March 28th, 2023, and thereafter until the position is filled.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.