GRAPHIC DESIGNER CONTRACT POSITION
Milieux Institute for Arts, Culture and Technology
Deadline: September 22, 2021
Job title: Graphic Designer
Department: Milieux Institute for Arts, Culture and Technology (OVPRGS)
Reporting to: Director, Milieux Institute
Type of employment: Part-time Casual Employee or TRAC/CARE contract (less than 4 months)
Salary: If a current student, in accordance with TRAC rates. If a non-student, in accordance with CARE wage scales.
Posting date: September 9th, 2021
Start Date: October 2021
Accepting applications until: September 22, 2021 (inclusive)
Milieux is looking for multi-disciplinary graphic designers who can work across various media and platforms to support visual communication needs. At the Institute, you will be able to meaningfully contribute to strategies and projects around cutting-edge research-creation, and aid in the promotion and support of important emergent artists and scholars.
As part of our team, you will:
- Use your exceptional design skills to create visual communications for print, web and social media to support Milieux’s outreach goals—from concept through production
- Deploy Milieux’s visual identity creatively and effectively
- Help develop and finesse Milieux’s “branding”
- Communicate and collaborate with Milieux staff and members
- Produce clean, accurate and responsive work
- Design the Institute’s public annual report
- Create front end-responsive designs for web and multiplatform use (including large format screens)
- Help update a suite of visual assets and templates for institute usage—email, presentation, posters, business cards, letterhead, invitations
- Design promotional material, signage and wayfinding, merch, etc.
Qualified candidates typically hold:
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communications, design or related field, or equivalent
- Intermediate to advanced design and production skills with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and/or other comparable graphic design software
- Experience designing campaigns and assets for social media, including Facebook and Twitter
- Specialized skills in data visualization and/or infographics practices and software
- Excellent visual fluency with typography, layout and use of imagery
- Capacity to work well independently and as part of a team
- Experience working remotely including collaboration with colleagues and Institute members through teleconferencing and remote collaboration platforms (e.g. Slack, Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Solid understanding of digital branding and marketing
Send a cover letter, CV and link to your portfolio to Stephanie Creaghan, Head of Communications at Milieux Institute, firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to currently registered Milieux students and Concordia students who qualify as Milieux members. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Concordia University is strongly committed to employment equity within its community, and to recruiting a diverse faculty and staff. The University encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, members of sexual minorities, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversification; candidates are invited to self-identify in their applications.