September 28, 2021
MILIEUX IS HIRING | Social Media Assistant & Writers
Tuesday, September 28th, 2021—Milieux has extended the call for the position of Social Media Assistant to OCTOBER 6TH. Read the details on the position and how to apply here.
Job title: Content Writer
Department: Milieux Institute for Arts, Culture and Technology (OVPRGS)
Reporting to: Director, Milieux Institute
Type of employment: Part-time Casual Employee or contract (less than 4 months)
Salary: If a current student, in accordance with TRAC rates. If a non-student, in accordance with CARE wage scales.
Posting date: September 28th, 2021
Start Date: October 2021
Applications accepted until: October 13th, 2021 (inclusive).
Milieux is looking for a student and writer with vested interest in digital culture research and research-creation. At the Institute, you will be able to meaningfully contribute to strategies and projects around cutting-edge research, and aid in the promotion and support of important emergent artists and scholars.
As part of our team, you will:
- Use your journalistic voice in conversation with that of Milieux’s to generate interesting content with Milieux members on current projects, publications, festivals and exhibitions
- Communicate in a voice and tone that is in line with Milieux’s and follow established guidelines
- Contribute to the promotion and development of Milieux’s presence and communications network with meaningful and engaging content
- Produce clean, accurate, and compelling work
- Produce short form writing for social media dissemination
- Produce longer form writing for blog posts, feature articles, public dissemination, and more
- Other tasks or projects where skills fit, as needed
Qualified candidates typically hold:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Social media fluency – Facebook and Twitter
- Capacity to produce various forms of writing: press releases, interviews, news articles, etc.
- Proven capacity to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent grammar and good content writing skills
- A willingness to follow editorial direction
Send a cover letter, CV and link to your portfolio to Stephanie Creaghan, Head of Communications at Milieux Institute, email@example.com
Preference will be given to currently registered Milieux students and Concordia students who qualify as Milieux members. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Concordia University is strongly committed to employment equity within its community, and to recruiting a diverse faculty and staff. The University encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, members of sexual minorities, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversification; candidates are invited to self-identify in their applications.