- This event has passed.
Cataclysmic scenarios in 10 mini-operas
2020-12-11 @ 11:30 - 13:00
REGISTER: Contact Sheena at email@example.com.
Led by Dr. Eldad Tsabary and funded by Canada’s Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), Reflective Iterative Scenario Enactments (RISE) is a LePARC based 5-year (2020-2025) research-creation project designed to enact and investigate cataclysmic scenarios in 10 mini-operas.
The premise of the critical-reflection session is to begin with a presentation of the vision and narrative of the opera and then to open that to public scenario reflection. Everyone will be invited to envision different scenarios related to the premise of the narrative and its potential issues—anything that emerges.
We will begin with a presentation on the narrative and vision:
- Introduction to RISE—Eldad (5min)
- Consent—Sheena (5min)
- Narrative—John on the story aspects and writing (5-10min)
- Ethical— Elena on the ethical considerations in relation to the story and adjustments (5min)
We will then open the narrative to the public for scenario reflection.
The critical-reflection activity:
- Feedback on narrative—potential scenarios, or issues that have emerged (35 min)
- Emergent discussion on the feedback generated (20 min)
- Final thoughts or questions (10 min)
*Participants will have options on how they can engage in a comfortable way. They can speak through video, audio, write in the chat, or write anonymously on the google form provided. They can also remove/change their name from zoom.
If you would like to know more about the RISE project, you can visit https://riseopera.ca.