The Milieux Institute’s Immersive Reality Lab has created the first proof of concept for a multiplayer VR research project called: “Documentary Practices: Knowledge sharing and community building using immersive technology during time of social distancing.”
We have reproduced an immersive interactive space emulating Technoculture, Arts and Games, and we would like to invite Milieux members to explore, hang around, chill out, in a VR open house on Friday, Sept. 11 at 1 p.m. ET.
To reach the space please contact us at email@example.com and follow the instructions below.
- Installing Steam: If you haven’t already, download Steam. Steam can be found here https://store.steampowered.com Click on “Install Steam” and follow the instructions. (You will need to sign up).
- Downloading VRChat: In the Steam Application, type “vrchat” on the search bar and press enter. Then, scroll a bit down and select “Play Game”. (It might say “Install” or “Download” for you)
- Making an Account: Once the game has been installed, you can put your VR headset on if you have one. You should see three options “VRChat”, “Steam”, or “Create Account”. Select “Create Account.” If you have your headset on, take it off. On your Desktop, a window should have appeared to register for an account. Enter your information.The final step will be to confirm your email. After confirming your email, you can put back your VR headset.
- Select “VRChat”, and enter your Username, and your password.
- You should be able to play the game now!