- This event has passed.
The Spaces We Lost, and Nostalgia Recalled
March 18 @ 13:00 - 16:00
Join Nostagain’s path to creative nostalgia with a neuroscientist-artist via guided meditation, active recollection, and diorama crafting!
Following the successful LOSTAGAIN symposium last February, the Nostagain Network continues the exploration of Creative Nostalgia (Boym 2001) in an intimate fashion. Led by neuroscientist-artist, Dr. Cristian Zaelzer, participants can expect to:
- Bring your oldest owned object to the workshop;
- Tell stories about the nostalgia relationships we have with our objects;
- Recognize the role of memories in nostalgia;
- Engage in a guided meditation, realizing passive and active recollection styles;
- Leave the workshop with an informed, relaxed, and closer understanding of nostalgia, our minds, and the things we attach ourselves to.
Where? March 18th, 2023 – Saturday, 1:00-4:00pm
Where? Milieux Institute, 11th Floor, EV Building, Concordia University.